ICSSP IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2020, WITH AN EXTENDED DEADLINE OF MAY 4. See the link below. Contact Prof. Masooda Bashir at email@example.com if you have any questions.
With cyber crimes on the rise and a shortage of professionals, cyber security is a field that offers great career opportunities. Now, qualified students have the opportunity to follow a career in the government for two years as a security professional, be part of a University program focused in this area, pay no tuition, and receive a generous stipend through the Illinois Cyber Security Scholars Program (ICSSP), a CyberCorps Scholarship for Service (SFS) program. ICSSP is recruiting qualified College of Engineering and School of Information Science students who are planning on specializing in cybersecurity and privacy.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY, YOU MUST BE:
- An admitted full time undergraduate or graduate student on the Urbana-Champaign campus.
- A citizen of the United States of America or permanent resident.*
- College of Engineering undergraduate or graduate student with a focus on cyber or information security and privacy, or a School of Information Science graduate student admitted to the MSIM degree program.
- Undergraduate applicants must be within 4 semesters of completing their degree.
- Transfer students are eligible to apply after they have been admitted to the College of Engineering and have completed at least one semester on campus.
* Security clearances, and many federal agencies, require U.S. citizenship. It is the recipient’s responsibility to attain such a position in state, local, tribal or territorial governments given these limitations.